Monday, November 9, 2009

TV for your brain, take 2

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) The Angel Experiment by James Patterson


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'll just get this out there: James Patterson is not one of my favorite authors. His books, which are typically formula-driven without a whole lot of originality, are typically perfect candidates for a made for TV movie. So it probably goes without saying that I wasn't expecting Pulitzer-esque writing.

My husband, who lovingly loaded this free book into my Kindle, thought this would be a great bridge between the mass market novels he likes to read and my current infatuation with Young Adult books. And he was sort of right: the story was one that was written pretty well (in YA formula). And though it was entirely predictable, I became invested in the characters, so much so that I think I MIGHT read another Maximum Ride novel. But first, I have to read something more pressing on my nightstand. (It may be awhile)



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment